Here is a list of things I have found that you can do to Act..
- Protest! Facebook has an events section most of your local protests are listed.
- Wear a Safety Pin and mean it – Stand Up and Protect your neighbors
- BoyCott all things Trump : Grab Your Wallet
- Call on the Electoral College to be the grown ups: LINK
- Email the Electoral College Voters directly: http://asktheelectors.org/
- Use this speadsheet to make calls and make your voice heard. It’s important to actually call… block out 30mins during lunch three times a week and BAM you are making a huge impact : LINK
- Call the House Oversight Committee (202-225-5074) to support the call for a bipartisan review of Trump’s financials and apparent conflicts of interest. It takes 2 minutes and you get connected immediately. They are lovely. They said the more calls they get the sooner it gets out in their timetable!
- Call on your Senators and Congressmen to investigate Russian’s involvement in our election – Lindsy Graham’s office in particular. Tell them you support them on this : Article
- “Paul Ryan is conducting a phone poll on the ACA (Obamacare), hoping to hear overwhelming popular opposition to it. If you would like to express your support for the Affordable Care Act, call (202) 225-3031. Press 2 to weigh in on the issue. You’ll hear a brief recording about HR-3762, Paul Ryan’s proposal to gut the ACA, and President Obama’s use of his veto power to stop it. Then, you will have a chance to indicate your opinion with the press of a button. Press 1 if you support Obamacare, 2 if you oppose it.
Copy and paste this, don’t click share!
The phone won’t ring but may take over a minute to connect. Don’t hang up! It may take several calls.”
- Support watch dog organizations like the ACLU – they are going to be busy. Most take donations as small as $10.00 Here is a list from Jezebel – LIST
- Support your favorite news outlets. The press is under fire like never before. Consider getting that NYT Weekender delivered and reinstate brunch in your house on the couch.
- Go one strike Jan. 20th – STRIKE No Work, No School, No Shopping – No Fascists
- March on Washington – there are a few options – Jan 20th, 21st and 22nd.. I am sure you can find more.
- If you were “Charlie Hebdo”, then Register yourself as a Muslim – At some point in the next four years, we may be confronted with our moment to pay forward the human decency of people like Master Sgt. Edmonds and King Christian X did in 1933.
If you find more please add them to the comments below!