I know that this can be a difficult time for people. Family histories are hard, feeling alone and end of the year stuff brings judgements and other negative feelings. I get my dose around New Year’s after all the fun of Christmas dies down and I am left with my thoughts, doubts and self flagellation.
Here are some things that may seem corny but help:
- Be Present. Leave the phone in the kitchen drawer and take a break from the Jones’s
- Wrap your loved ones in hugs
- Send peace in the form of cards and notes to everyone you know
- Donate food, clothes and anything you can afford, including time, to those who’s holiday might be in jeopardy or thin
- Make sharing your love the priority not your disagreements
- Be your own light in every room
When the gloom sets in, recognize it for what it is and say hello for me. Know it will pass. Make yourself make a coffee date with a close friend (I’m free) and get out in the fresh air. I have been known to throw a party as a F’you to the gloom.. works sometimes. Try it.
St. Stephan’s Day … etc & etc.
Sending you and yours love and light for the holidays and the New Year!
PS: I always say Happy Holidays because I am not so arrogant as to believe everyone else celebrates Quantum theory like I do 😉